What is Intermittent Fasting? Intermittent fasting is simply fasting or not eating during certain periods of time. Intermittent fasting has two variations.. 16/8 Method The most popular fasting strategy used by thousands around the world to diet or to simply detox their body is the 16/8 method. With this method you avoid food for a […]
Intermittent fasting is simply fasting or not eating during certain periods of time.
Intermittent fasting has two variations..
The most popular fasting strategy used by thousands around the world to diet or to simply detox their body is the 16/8 method.
With this method you avoid food for a total of 16 hours and then only eating during the final 8 hours of the day.
While food is not permitted you can have water, apple cider vinegar or black coffee that contains no sugar, cream or milk.
Eat Stop Eat (24 Hour Method) – by Brad Pilon
The second most popular method is also the method that medical scientists put most of their focus.
This fasting strategy involves not eating for a full period of 24 hours then eating a highly nutritious meal.
You would, for example, not eat until 5pm and only take water and other no or very low calorie liquids 5pm the following day.
Why Intermittent Fasting Is So Popular?
Many people are struggling to lose weight.
By learning how to do intermittent fasting, you are able to provide your body with a variety of benefits that will help you lose weight and feel.
Hey, I Thought I Was Supposed to Eat 6 Meals a Day?
Actually studies has shown that this is a myth (source).
The body can feel great and be in a healthy shape without eating 6 meals every day.
- What is most important is the actual calories.
- Meal frequency had no bearing on the amount of calories burned
Some of the most essential benefits that fasting offers:
- An increase and improvement in the body’s metabolism functions
- an accelerated rate at which the body burns fat.
- an improvement in insulin sensitivity
- boosting HGH (human growth hormone) (study)
So don’t be afraid to try intermittent fasting. I used it to lose 30 lbs. It works!
So What’s Next? Let’s get started:
I would suggest starting with the 16/8 Method…
Eat Your Last Meal Tonight At 5pm.
- Tomorrow at 12:00pm eat a Nutritious Meal, try to take in some Lean Protein
- Though your meals should be nutritious if there’s something you want to eat… EAT IT!
- Keep your calories at 10 x your weight. In other words if you weigh 180 lbs. eat 1800 Calories (180 x 10)
Want to know more about the benefits of Intermittent Fasting… read our article: Intermittent Fasting – 9 Great Benefits